Information For Prospective Volunteer / Industrial Attachment
OBS has been accepting regular request for volunteer
attachment/ industrial training placement from
universities/ colleges including from overseas i.e GAP House UK, Project Trust UK.
This program enables the students/ volunteers to gain experience and skills
in return to their service to the organisation.
Age: minimum 21 years old
Physical: must be physically healthy, non-smoker and active in lifestyle
Academic: at least holds a Diploma or higher in any field of studies.
Background: Single bachelor and never been convicted of any
Must have great passion in outdoor activities, its
settings and its educational process. Any other outdoor qualifications is an
added advantage eg. Bronze Medallion, Wilderness First Aid etc.
You will be provided with
- Free accommodation on sharing basis including
electric and basic facilities
- Free meals are provided during course duty
- Free training and use of equipment and facilities
- Free coaching and certification
- Free Outward Bound T shirt
Terms and Conditions
- You must accept that the experiences and
skills gained are a fair exchange to your committed service to OBS.
- The minimum duration is 2 months but can be extended
up to 1 year
- You agree to undergo the Internal Qualification Training to
ascertain your technical competency.
- You must submit a medical declaration attesting that you can practise strenuous activities in a
tropical climate. You need to take your own immunization on malaria, dengue, hepatitis
and any other requirement needed for your own protection at your own expense.
- You need to prepare your own personal gear
i.e shoes, hats, water bottle etc as only some technical equipment
is provided such as harness, rucksack, camping equipment etc.
- If you are coming from overseas, then you
need to settle all immigration issues on your own expense including insurance from
host country which cover for hospitalization and
- You must adhere to all prevailing policies,
rules and regulations of the organisation.
To apply, send your CV to the Executive Director at
OUTWARD BOUND SABAH
Locked Bag 181, 88996 Kota Kinabalu
Tel: 60 88 750311 (2 lines); 60 88 919529 Fax: 60 88 750312