[av_section min_height=” min_height_px=’500px’ padding=’default’ shadow=’no-border-styling’ bottom_border=’no-border-styling’ bottom_border_diagonal_color=’#333333′ bottom_border_diagonal_direction=” bottom_border_style=” custom_margin=’0px’ custom_margin_sync=’true’ custom_arrow_bg=” id=” color=’main_color’ background=’bg_color’ custom_bg=’#ffffff’ background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” attachment=” attachment_size=” attach=’scroll’ position=’top left’ repeat=’no-repeat’ video=” video_ratio=’16:9′ overlay_opacity=’0.5′ overlay_color=” overlay_pattern=” overlay_custom_pattern=” av_element_hidden_in_editor=’0′ av_uid=’av-jv49v3mw’]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jv49ut5e’ admin_preview_bg=”]
Instructors (a.k.a facilitators, course leaders) are being considered the backbone of an Outward Bound programmes because they directly influence the outcome of the training programmes. It is therefore crucial to pick the right quality and aptitude of the candidate to join as Instructor.
OBS prepares and trains their instructors through the Train The Trainers Programmes which takes Six (6) months to complete. It is the minimum requirement before they can be given the responsibility to lead a course.
Notes: We do NOT have Expatriates Instructor vacancy due to Work Permit and Immigration restrictions. However we accept visiting instructors on a volunteer basis for a minimum of two months attachment. If you are interested, please write to the Executive Director.
- Minimum age of 21 years old
- Physically healthy, non-smoker and have active sporting life
- Academically attained a Diploma or higher in any field of studies.
- Interested in outdoor settings, the adventure challenge and love meeting people.
- Any outdoor certifications e.g Bronze Medallion, First Aid, Green Certificate etc would be an advantage.
You will be provided with
- Accommodation on sharing basis in the staff quarters including utilities
- Meals during course only
- Training and certification
- Mentoring and coaching
- Use of training equipment and facilities
If you have the attitude and aptitude to join as Instructor, send your Curriculum vitae, details of experience and a passport photo to the Executive Director